Welcome to Newmarket Road Surgery
There is wheelchair access through the main surgery door at the rear of the building. Patients can be seen in a downstairs consulting room if they cannot manage the stairs.
We do have a small car park at the back of the surgery but it is not large and so there are very limited parking spaces. It does get extremely busy, especially in the mornings, so if you can get to the surgery using other forms of transport apart from the car we would encourage you to do so.
ADDITIONAL GP APPOINTMENTS
Over the next three months we are working with NHS England to offer extra GP appointments. This is because we know that there are times you want to be able to see a GP at short notice. We also know that over the winter lots of people have seasonal illnesses which require more than a pharmacy but don't need emergency treatment.
The extra appointments are bookable on the day by ringing reception on the usual number.
If you are not able to attend an appointment you have booked, for whatever reason, please let us know. We can then offer that appointment to someone else that needs it.
Changes to opening times at Newmarket Road Surgery
Newmarket Road Surgery will now be closed between 13.00 - 14.00 Monday to Friday. During those times telephone calls will be answered as normal and St Stephens Gate Medical Practice is open as usual.
REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS ORDERING
STOPPING TELEPHONE REQUESTS AND CHANGES TO LOCATION FOR DROPPING OFF AND COLLECTING REQUESTS AND PRESCRIPTIONS
This practice will NOT be accepting telephone requests for repeat prescriptions from Monday 4 September 2017. This is for reasons of patient safety, as more medication errors occur through this method of ordering than any other, and is in line with best practice advice from the Care Quality Commission.
Also any dropping off of repeat prescription requests or collecting prescriptions in person will need to take place at St Stephen's Gate Medical Practice and NOT Newmarket Road Surgery.
Please note there is no change to your nominated pharmacy arrangements if you have them in place.
YOU CAN ORDER BY:
- Accessing our on-line service via the practice website. www.newmarketroadsurgery.co.uk
- Please go to St Stephen's Gate Medical Practice with 2 forms of ID ( one photographic and another with a valid address), and the receptionist will guide you through the process.
- By Post – if you leave a supply of stamped addressed envelopes at St Stephen's Gate Medical Practice we are very happy to post your prescription back to you.
- Dropping off your repeat order slip (attached to your prescription), with the items you would like to re-order clearly marked at St Stephen's Gate Medical Practice. You will then need to collect your prescription from St Stephen's Gate Medical Practice
- Many pharmacies operate a collection service from our surgery. Please contact your local pharmacy for further information.
PLEASE ALWAYS ALLOW 48 HOURS/2 WORKING DAYS BEFORE COLLECTING YOUR REPEAT PRESCRIPTION.
.Named Accountable GP
All patients at the surgery are able to see any GP of their choice but each patient has a named accountable GP on their clinical record. If you wish to know who your named GP is, then please ask at reception. The named GP has overall responsibility for you but please feel free to request an appointment with any doctor who may be available.
Notice regarding Online Services
Please note: SystmOne only allows access from UK IP addresses therefore you will not be able to log in to online services if you are not in the UK.
(Site updated 22/01/2018)